People who are using smartphones know about Google drive which is used to store our all data that we can get back at any time. Mostly, we need to use it when we buy a new phone or lost our mobile? Likewise, we can use it for WhatsApp and get back our all chat history and media file by using some steps. It is a very easy process and didn’t demand any experience to do.
There is only one condition to get your data back you have the same phone number and Google account. This is the term & condition of Google drive. If you’re a person who is looking for something to get the backup of their WhatsApp. Then you’re on the exact page because we are going to discuss some steps in the article that you need to follow.
Restore the WhatsApp data Backup by Google Drive:
We have found these steps after taking action. Now, you just need to follow these steps to get your data back.
- First of all, you need to download WhatsApp from the Google Play store and install it on your android phone.
- Now, create the account by using the same phone number that you used on another phone for WhatsApp.
- Also, make sure that you use that number to create a google drive account.
- Tap on the restore button that will appear after that process to get all the media and chats on WhatsApp.
- The process will start on your android phone.
- Now, wait until the completion.
- Once the process is complete, tap on the option “Next”. The chat data will be restored on your phone.
- Chats will also include the media files.
See More: Download OG WhatsApp, GB Instagram
Restore From the Local Backup:
If you want to restore your data from the local backup then it’s a very simple method. But first, you need to transfer the data into a file explorer or SD Card by using the computer. If you have done this then follow the given steps to complete the process of data restoration.
- First of all, download the file manager app on your device.
- Now, attach the file manager app with the Sd card and copy all the data of Whatsapp in the Sd card.
- On the other hand, if you don’t have an Sd card then you can use the option of internal storage or any other storage source.
- Now, Uninstall and then reinstall WhatsApp on your android device.
- Tap on the button “Restore Data” and wait for the completion of the process.
- The data will be restored to your new WhatsApp account.
The method of restoring WhatsApp data by Google drive is given above with all details. But there are some conditions that you need to keep in mind for the process. As we mentioned above that, you need to use the same number for the WhatsApp account that you have used to create the Google account. On the other hand, in the local method, you need to use an Sd card or another method to keep the storage.
Leave a Reply