On Monday, the blue WhatsApp download got a major update that included new features like quick replies, pinned chats, and tools for group admins. While you’re excited about those changes, there’s another one that caught our attention: blue is now an official and free color of WhatsApp.
Blue WhatsApp Download:
The new blue color in WhatsApp Download 2021 is a very noticeable change, and it’s the sort of thing that could trigger users to uninstall and reinstall the app just so they can have blue text bubbles. Unfortunately, there’s no quick toggle to switch back and forth between colors – but we found an easier way to get the new theme on any phone.
The new WhatsApp color is available in the latest beta version of the Android app, but it typically takes a few days for non-beta users to get an update. But here’s a tip: download WhatsApp from Google Play and then install the APK file – instead of waiting for an OTA update from WhatsApp itself.
It’s not clear yet when an official update will be pushed to all Plus Blue download WhatsApp users, but in the meantime, this unusual workaround requires very little effort. It only takes a few seconds (literally) and no rooting is required. And if it doesn’t work on your phone, just delete the app and try again with another one.
The WhatsApp blue color will show up on texts, while the WhatsApp launcher icon and notifications will be white (just like before). To top everything off, you’ll also get all of the new features that came with version 2.12.532 of WhatsApp, including new privacy settings for group admins and quick replies. Recently-aired Samsung ad showing blue WhatsApp theme running on Samsung Galaxy S4.
Steps to follow download:
Now here are the steps to follow. I recommend saving this page for future reference, in case it stops working at some point. This can also be done with the Xposed installer mod which is another popular way to get new features on older devices. It’s up to you.
- Step 1: Install blue WhatsApp 2023 from the website.
- Step 2: After the new version of 2023 WhatsApp has been installed, download its APK file from a trusted source. There are a number of websites that offer this for free. For example, XDA Developers Forum has plenty to choose from and most of them work fine on Lollipop phones.
- Step 3: Go to Settings > Security and check ‘Unknown sources’ if it is not already checked. Tap OK to confirm for Whatsapp apk.
- Step 4: With that done, open the APK file you just downloaded and tap on Install when prompted.
- Step 5: When the installation has finished, open and sign up/in with your phone number.
That’s about it. You have successfully installed the latest version of WhatsApp on your phone. It will look like this screenshot below:
Close-up of text bubbles in Blue color which you can download apk file here.